Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A word from Danae :P

Hey everybody! We are all having such a blast here in Queens! Right now, I am at the Madison York Senior Center in Jamaica with my group! We have been playing charades and wii bowling with the senior citizens! I can tell that they really enjoy watching us make a fool of ourselves :P On Monday and Tuesday I was in Corona Park with my group and we were picking up trash through the park. It was surprisingly really fun getting to poke trash with those sticks, haha. It's not as easy as it looks in the movies, but we made some fun out of it. It has been so cool to get some real bonding time with everyone here. I hadn't really spoken to a lot of the people on this trip before, and I've gotten the chance to grow really close with several of the others here. I feel that God has really been working in my life this week. On Monday, we were all given wristbands and we were told to write on them how we want to worship God this week. I decided that I wanted God to be the only thing on my mind. I don't want any distractions getting in my way and I don't want to let anything keep me from being used by God this week and throughout the rest of my life. Every time I see the wristband on me, it is a great motivator that puts me back on track! The week is almost over, but there is so much more to come! Thanks for reading! Danae B. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment