Monday, June 4, 2012

First Day in Service

Today was such a wonderful day! We started out with breakfast provided by our wonderful breakfast team. After eating, we had our devo time. God reminded me through that time to put Him at the forefront of my mind and worship Him through everything I do. We then came together for a quick prayer time and split off into our service groups. Two groups went to retirement homes to provide encouragement to the seniors living there. My group and I picked up trash in Corona Park! It was raining at first and everybody was so wet, but everybody had a great attitude despite the less than desirable circumstances. I think that speaks loudly to the community about our love for God and committment to service. A local business was kind enough to allow us to use their lunch room to eat, and everybody was very kind. After lunch we continued picking up trash and went to the YMCA to shower. Everybody here has such a great attitude and I'm so excited to see how God will work in our hearts this week to refuel our passion for God and through us to touch people's hearts! Please continue to pray for our safety and that everybody would get along this week. To my family, I love you all very much and miss you! Hope packing is going great and sorry I can't be there to help! from Jamaica, NY Courtney L.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing about your day Courtney!!! Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete