Wednesday, June 6, 2012

More of Tuesday Highs and low

KELLY...H: Gods love was shown to each other while picking up trash. L: very Hungry at lunch (editors note picking up trash can be hard work) SEAN...H: blast at the beach. L: had a headache earlier MINDY...H: talking with old people Tuesday and James sang to them...what a blessing. NO LOWS BILL...H: felling more connected with students. L: saying goodbye to this class of seniors ZACK....H: devo time in AM to get connected to God. L: sad to leave senior center COURTNEY....H: worship Tuesday night. L; ice cream was good. It cherry dip tasted like medicine MAGGIE....H: God answered prayer. L: playing game really well and we still lost NAOMI...H: it was hard Monday to start conversations where we were working at the center so Tuesday I started working on the art project and they all came over and joined in. L: Nasty ice cream LYDIA...H: talking with Danae at beach gave me new perspective and put me a great mood. L: diapers in the park MARK ANDY....H: watching old people get feisty. L: forgot to walk on the beach MATTIE....H: beach great to see Gods creation. L: no toilet paper in bathroom OLIVIA...H: game "steal the old mans bundle". L: leaving old folks home. MCKENZIE...H: wii bowling. L: didn't get to see the man at the site from Monday that I was witnessing to COZETTE....H: challenging to know what to do but hearing gratitude of seniors for our being there and spending time. L: leaving senior center MARYBETH...H: stepping out of comfort Zone and getting confidence. L: elevator not going where we wanted CAMERON...H: little kid watching and smiling at me while I was picking up trash. L: couldn't go I water at beach and I am going to miss trash pickup Every student said their hi and low last night and yes I wrote everyone down and will post them. But right now I have to go get these girls out of here for breakfast. Stay tuned. Also sorry about no pictures. We have limited access to wifi and short time to work on this. Pictures take a while to load so we are just blogging for now. Pictures will come so stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. It blesses me so to read your posts. Thank you for sharing. I really needed this today...it so encourages and excites me. I'm praying for you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blogs and being able to follow your adventures. It is awesome to see God working in these young lives. I feel blessed that my son gets to be a part of this group. Praying for your safety and that God will continue to touch lives through these incredible kids! Also... Hurry home Samuel, you have trash duty! Haha..jk! Love and prayers to you all! ~ Susan Maxwell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picking up trash in the park - sounds like quite the experience... Maybe you can each get a stick of your own someday. :-) Of course, the dirty diapers don't sound good at all!

    Thanks to each one of you taking the time and effort to try and blog.

    ReplyDelete